Sunday, January 3, 2010

2010!

Happy New Year, Seasons Greetings and Merry Christmas.

Welcome to the year 2010.

In a follow-up to the poster design in the last post, here is a comparison between my original sketches and their cleaned up and coloured counter-parts.
For this I did my pencil and paper drawings (as usual) and then cleaned them up traditionally...
Thats tracing on top of the sketches with a fresh, new piece of paper.
Then it was digitized on the dusty old flatbed scanner and coloured up in Gimp. These days I usually do the clean up in a software program called Pencil, but I'm not fast enough with that so I did the old school way to meet the deadline.

If you look closely, you can see what changed and what stayed the same.

Fun!


The original title I drew up for the poster was too bland and I didn't want to spend a lot of time on the title, so I picked out a font and dubbed the poster into Spanish.

Ok guys, work off the Yuletide Pud* and I'll catch you next time.


*Pudding.

No comments: