Wednesday, April 29, 2009

'An Eye for an Aye-Aye' 3d Test shot

'An Eye for an Aye-Aye' 3d test shot from Jeff Cook on Vimeo.

Just a test of a 2d animated scene converted into anaglyph 3d. It is slightly enhanced if you wear 3D anaglyph glasses but at the same time it's not too hard on the eyes without glasses at this resolution.

Background elements were made in The Gimp, camera moves were done in Wax. I use Faststone Photo Resizer for all my batch needs, in this case it was to get the colour values correct. Then I put the image sequences back into Wax (which thankfully has a layer multiply tool) and slightly offset them until I saw some 3d.

This IS a scene from the opening of my student film. It's the establishing shot of the location and my main man, Tim Portans.

Guess I should stop playing around now...

3 comments:

Willem Wynand said...

This is awsome iv wanted to tinker with the 3d goggles stuff aswell, just after watching the preview of 3d machine on coldhardflash, here is the making of it http://coldhardflash.com/2008/05/the-making-of-3d-machine.html
if you'd like to have a peek =)
looking good matey =)
i like how you use all the freeware programs aswell, i use monkey jam but our cams are the worste so its not a means to an end and we end up having to scan things 1 slow frame at a time haha

goodluck yeah =)
-will

Jeff Cook said...

Cheers Will, I appreciate that. :D

Anonymous said...

Yo Brothers

Appears like www.blogger.com really could be a great forum for me
I am content to have stumbled upon it.


This made me smile and hopefully after your last post it will do the same for you: A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking. :


Lol!

Anybody do Legos


Looking forward to a good long stay here!

Washington,Riverside